As winter lingers, we went in search of some delightful facts to brighten your day. Answers are at the end of the article!
1. The largest sand castle in the world measured how many feet high?
2. The voices of these animated characters got married in real life
a. Mickey & Minnie Mouse
b. Tom & Jerry
c. Snow White & Goofy
3. Americans eat how much pizza every day?
a. 100 yards
b. 100 acres
c. 100 miles
4. Writer Dr. Seuss’s editor bet him that he couldn’t write a book in 50 words or less. The classic “Green Eggs & Ham” contains how many words?
5. A baby puffin is called a…
6. How big is the summit of Mount Everest?
a. The size of two basketball courts
b. The size of two football fields
c. The size of two Ping-Pong tables
7. Manufacturer Samsung, known today primarily for electronics, opened for business in 1938 selling what products?
a. Shoes and clothing
b. Vegetables and fish
c. Medicine and sodas
8. Which legendary figure from the Wild West moved to Hollywood and consulted on silent cowboy movies?
a. Wyatt Earp
b. Wild Bill Hickock
c. Doc Holliday
9. The official phone number for Canada is 1-800-O-Canada
10. Before the migration habits of birds were fully understood in the 1800’s, a popular theory about where they went in the winter stated that birds:
a. Hibernated in burrows
b. Flew to the moon
c. Lived at the bottom of the ocean
Answers: 1) b; 2) c; 3) a; 4) ; 5) b; 6) c; 7) b; 8) a; 9) true; 10) b and c
How did you do? We hope you enjoyed these delightful facts!